Wednesday 15 May 2013

Basic Skin

Hey, it's Viv.

This is my (basic) skincare routine. I have been using these Grown products consistently, day and night, for about 4 months now and I've been really enjoying them. I had tried and used up their Matte Balancing: Acai Berry & Borago Facial Moisturizer which I loved, and was interested to use more of their products. I bought this set from Myer, for $48, and it was originally $69.95. Here are my thoughts. 

MY SKIN: It is combination. My T zone gets oily, but I also have dry patches (which I think have pretty much gone since I started using Origins moisture mask!). I have small spots on my face usually, and the occasional big boy... other than that, it's pretty normal. 


THE BRAND: Grown sells botanical beauty products. Their products are all natural and organic. They are sulphate free (and a whole lot of other things that are good for you). Also, they don't test on animals! This brand is on the pricey side as well. You can find their products in Priceline, Myer and David Jones. 



Geranium Leaf, Bergamot & Rose-bud Facial Cleanser $39.95
This is a gentle gel cleanser. It suggests that it 'removes impurities from sensitive facial skin allowing skin to breathe freely without drying or leaving a greasy feel.' I couldn't agree more. Many gel cleansers leave my skin feeling as stripped as a stripper, but this is really gentle. It doesn't remove waterproof eye make up, but that doesn't bother me too much. It's meant to decongest your skin and assist in preventing spots, as well as calm and moisturize. It's not the best at preventing spots, but it definitely hasn't broken me out. It smells quite please, and I am a great fan of this.

Rose: Absolute Ginseng & Chamomile Facial Toner $29.95
This is the first toner I have used over a long period of time, and let me tell you -I like it! Again, it's not drying. It's quite refreshing and I feel like it injects some more moisture back into my skin. I feel like this toner has also made my skin really soft. I really like this toner, and would recommend it to any one!  

Camellia & Geranium Blossom Facial Moisturizer $48.95
 This moisturizer is amazing! Firstly, a little bit goes a long way. It's quite a thin consistency. Secondly, it gives you the perfect amount of moisture you need, not so you're face goes greasy, not so your face is crackly and dry -hallelujah! 

I'm a big fan of Grown products. What they stand for seems really legit, and I like that they put good 'stuff' into their products. They know what they're talking about! I don't know what all this geranium blossom and ginseng is meant to do for you, but all I know it works great for me! I really do recommend you check these products out. As I got these items in a set, and when they were on sale, I saved a lot of money. If I were to buy them without a promotion and separately, it would cost me $118.85. Holy moly. Saved myself $70.85. Last thing, I love the packaging. It's so authentic & classy looking. 10/10 Grown! 

Click HERE if you want to check out their products. 

Follow on Bloglovin

I hope you liked this review, and it helped or you found it interesting in some way. 
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment